Even the best dude ranch vacations can be made better with a trip through the scenic Southwest. Most folks find they prefer being involved in the many activities here at the ranch, but you may also enjoy visiting other scenic and historic sites in the area. Here are some ideas for road trips, both short and long.
- Wickenburg – Our local town of Wickenburg, just 5 miles away, is full of fun and interesting things to see and do. Shop in many diverse stores or browse through our award-winning western museum. Attend an evening show or concert at the Del E Webb Center for the Performing Art. For more information about things to do in Wickenburg, check out the Chamber’s website for local events.
- Golf – Wickenburg is home to three golf courses, Los Caballeros Golf Club, Wickenburg Country Club and Wickenburg Ranch.
- Sedona – A scenic 2-hour drive north of the Flying E Ranch (120 miles). Legendary red rock formations overlook tranquil Oak Creek, with the monoliths and buttes forming a stunning contrast to the lush forest and creekside vegetation.
- Jerome – 3.5 hours. A picturesque historic copper mining town turned arts center features shops, restaurants and museums with mining, archeological and historic displays.
- Grand Canyon – 3.5 hours (186 miles) from the Flying E Ranch. One of the 7 wonders of the world – a must see in the Southwest!
- Prescott – 1 hour from the Flying E Ranch. This once-boisterous territorial capital today offers mountain beauty, distinctive dining, unique shops, and restored Victorian houses.
- Las Vegas, NV – Consider an overnight trip to Las Vegas’ iconic casinos and shows. 4 hours drive from the ranch.
- Phoenix – 1.5 hours drive. Abundant options for shopping, golf, and dining.
Consider booking an extra day or two at the Flying E for one of these road trips, and make this one of your best dude ranch vacations ever.